With the rapid growth in marketing trends, most major market players have turned their focus on marketing styles which attract more numbers while requiring a lower budget. Explainer videos fit this requirement perfectly.
These, the explainer videos, are short videos which describe a business or business idea using an easy to understand language, within as short a time as between 30 seconds to 2 minutes. This is achieved by making the video as lively as possible, which grasps the attention of the audience, and brings memorability, so the potential customers don’t forget about the product.
Explainer video characteristics include the following:
- Short – The video should be short enough to not bore the audience, while still capturing the whole picture.
- Simplicity – The video should be able to directly answer three simple questions, “What?”, “How?” and “When?” in the simplest way possible.
- Quality – With the growth in video quality, a company should aim to create the best quality to beat the competition.
- Animation – Explainer Animated characters ensure there is a bond between the product and audience.
- Music – Having a sweet tune over the video adds an entertainment aspect to the clip.
- Color – Well blended colors give the video life, and make the video attractive to the eye, killing boredom.
- Target focus – A video should be made in ways that directly relate to the target demographic, such as using cartoon characters for children related products. You can also learn more about how it can help your b2b client acquisition.
Advantages of using explainer videos
1. They are time-saving
2. Higher conversion rate
3. They help build the brand
Video ads from brands on social media are the number # 1 way consumers have found out about brands, even beating out recommendations or referrals from friends and family. (Animoto). With high quality and unique explainer video, the marketer is able to reap more, since the audience tends to identify themselves with the unique characters and color palettes used. Because of its visual nature, 80% of users can recall a video ad they’ve seen in the past 30 days. (Forbes) and 86% of businesses said that videos helped them to increase their brand awareness (Renderforest).
4. Supported by multiple platforms
This, in turn, increases the audience reach and improves SEO in the case of websites. 71% of businesses claim that videos help to increase the time people spend on their websites.
6. Return on Investment
Businesses and marketers who used video ended up growing revenue 49% faster than non-video users. (Vidyard). It is relatively cheap to put together an explainer video, and considering the high rate of audience reach, it becomes one of the most economically viable marketing strategies. 81% saw an increase in sales and 93% of businesses reported gaining a new customer as a direct result of a video posted on social media. (Animoto)
7. Mobile friendly
Disadvantages of Explainer videos
1. No audience engagement
2. Need for experts